“Some secured cards in the marketplace are watered-down versions of other card products that have annual fees and don’t offer any rewards,” Scully added. “Discover’s Secured Credit Card comes with the same rewards and benefits that every Discover it cardmember enjoys, all with no annual fee.”
The Discover it Secured Credit Card offers:
- No annual fee, no late fee on first late payment, and no increase to APR for late payment
- Reporting to all three major credit bureaus
- FICO® Credit Scores for free on monthly statements and online
- $0 Fraud Liability Guarantee means cardmembers are never responsible for unauthorized purchases on their Discover card
- Freeze ItSM – an on/off switch that cardmembers can access on the Discover mobile app or website to prevent new purchases, cash advances and balance transfers if they misplace their card
- Award-winning 100% U.S.-based customer service available day or night
How the Discover it Secured Credit Card Works
The Discover it Secured Credit Card requires an application and collateral security deposit to open the account. The credit line is equal to the amount of the security deposit (minimum of $200; maximum of $2,500, based on creditworthiness). For example, a $500 deposit equates to a $500 credit line. Unlike many prepaid or debit cards, the Discover it Secured Credit Card reports to all three major credit bureaus, enabling cardmembers to build their credit with responsible use of the card. Cardmembers who manage their credit responsibly, after a year, may qualify to graduate to an unsecured line of credit, which would allow them to have their security deposit returned while continuing to enjoy all the rewards and benefits of their Discover card.
To learn more about the Discover it Secured Credit Card, visit Discover.com/securedcreditcard.